Thursday, October 15, 2009

Angels in America:

The play was absolutely one of the best performances I have ever seen. In my home town we don't have a theatre program. All we have is a community reader's theatre. So, Angels in America was quite a treat for me. My favorite character would have to be prior because he had to endure losing his boyfriend just because he had Aids. I am sorry but if you truly love someone you will stick with them to whatever end. The acting was so good I could feel the emotions swelling up inside of me with every scene. Also, I loved the gay,black nurse. He was unbelievably comical, especially in the scene where him and Lou are having coffee. I really want to see the second part. It is killing me! There were two people who were in the closet in the play. Both amusingly enough were aware of their sexuality. They just choose to suppress it which in my opinion is the complete opposite thing that an individual should do. With all of his power and money Roy Cohn could have revolutionized the world in favor of gay rights. The same goes for Joe Pitt if he took the job at the justice department. However, Mr. Pitt would need to drop his crazy wife and let her stay addicted to Valium. She seemed perfectly content hallucinating that she was in Antarctica. The very end of the play was breathtaking. The Angel was absolutely beautiful. The people working on the production did an amazing job with costumes, lighting, and acting.

1 comment: